Friday, December 16, 2005

Flexi-Walls::WallCandy

I wanted to make something for the walls in my son's room that wouldn't take too much time. We're thinking of moving in the next few months, so I couldn't do anything that would reduce the sale value of my house. I was going to paint a mural in his room, but I knew that when we move it would just be painted over. All that time and heart spent for some couple to decide that white is preferable. And then I found a portable solution!


It's called Wallcandy. They are low tack stickers that you can reposition and reuse. When we move I'll just take them along! You can
check it out here.

Yes, a package is $58, but if you think about it, you'd spend at least $30 on paint and supplies to replicate the look, plus all that time to not get the circles perfectly round on the walls. Then the extra $20 you'd have to spend to cover it with some boring white paint when you left the house.

I can't wait to do this to his room:

4 comments:

c jane said...

Carina,
I love it, when it is all done can I come over and see?

christopher clark said...

Lisa just painted our boys' room like this a month ago. It looks fantastic, but it was a tedius process. And now you tell me there are STICKERS?!?!?

Save us pain! update this blog more. It's my new favorite.

cc

Rachel said...

carina--

i have long loved these things. also, check out whatisblik.com for some alternative options...that is, unless you've already purchased the wallcandy ones. when darlybird.com is off and running (it'll be a few months at least) i will probably be selling blik. too cool!

AzĂșcar said...

I love blik! The reason I went with that particular pack of Wallcandy is that the colors already match everything else in his room. For everyone else, you really need to go to whatisblik.com because Rachel, as usual, is right.