Monday, March 05, 2007

fabric::laurie smith on sale


I have consistently found some great modern fabrics at Hancock Fabrics. Today while searching for some baby sling material, I wandered accidentally on-purpose into the home fabrics sale area and just about stopped breathing.

The gorgeous fabrics that Laurie Smith of Trading Spaces fame produced are on sale/clearance for $3.99 a yard. THREE NINETY-NINE. That's marked down, in some cases, all the way from $31.99. I included a bunch of swatches in this post a while back. I don't know if the bolts are still around where you live, but at least the store in Orem, Utah had a great selection. If only I had the time to redo some of the rooms in my house entirely.

6 comments:

Bek said...

Carina,

You are amazing!! I was thinking that as I read that carseat post below...

Justine said...

I am fabulously happy to find there are other women that still like to sew. I feel like a closet seamstress, almost apologizing to all around me.

This fabric is wonderful. I'm refinishing some furniture, maybe I'll head over.

pflower10 said...

Laurie Smith is so fun! I always love her fabrics. I'll have to go see what's left down at Hancock Fabrics.

Don't tell the Cotton Shop I said that.

The Scooter Lounge said...

Azucar, I took some pictures of my friend Boo's grandma's house in Silver Reef, Utah. It is awesome, and has a sauna inside, and you need to see it.

Amy said...

First time here, but I devoured your site. Since I have no style (or at least no confidence in my ability to create it), I'm drawn to people like you, who have the knack. How did the baby sling turn out?

AzĂșcar said...

Amy,
The slings turned out perfectly, and thanks for the reminder to post something about it. Imagine my surprise when I checked out your profile and saw that you were married to Paul! Laurie is still one of my dearest friends; I grew up with her and John. I spent a couple hours with Kathryn at a baby shower last Saturday--I love talking to her. And then of course there was this. How fun to have you stop by!